Join us on

29.12.2011 12:07

Owner of Sakartvelo and Evrika TV-Companies – Brother of Mtskheta-Mtianeti Governor

Maia Tsiklauri

Owner of the Sakartvelo and Evrika TV-Companies is a brother of Mtskheta-Mtianeti Region Governor Cesar Chocheli, owner of Barambo Company Iago Chocheli.  Until December 6 2011 the sole owner of these broadcasters was Denal Union, registered in Virginia Islands.  Iago Chocheli owns 100% of Sakartvelo TV-company shares and 71% of Evrika.  14% of Evrika shares are held by Naira Kveselava and 15% by Ilia Injia.  

According to the Business Register Iago Chocheli owns 66% of Barambo shares; his share in the authorized capital of the Company is 8 million 66 thousand 600 EURO equivalent in GEL.  In December 2011 Barambo participated in Tbilisi Municipality tender and won.  According to Liberali Magazine Tbilisi Municipality purchased 50 thousand units of chocolate from Barambo for GEL 500 000. 

Iago Chocheli also is the Chairman of Board of Beer Company J-SC and Georgian Beer J-SC.  70% of these two companies (7000 shares) are owned by the Rkinabetonis Shpalis Karkhana LLC (Reinforced Concrete Sleeper Factory), owned in return by Mixor LLC.  Sole owner of Mixor LLC is again Iago Chocheli.  Rest of the 20% of Beer Company (2000 shares) are held by Georgian Energy Corporation.  The latter owns 60% of of the Avtogaz Pirveli Company (the other 40% are in the ownership of the new owner of Imedi TV Giorgi Korakhashvili.

Georgian International Energy Corporation; director Natia Turnava, former First Deputy of the Former Minister of Economic Development Kakha Bendukidze.  Owner of the Georgian International Energy Corporation is the Holding Georgian Industrial Group also owning First Stereo TV-Company 60% shares.  Until December 2011 the given Holding also indirectly owned Rustavi 2 broadcasting company and TV-company Mze. 

Third shareholder in Iago Chocheli’s Beer Company is Kakhaber Okriashvili, owner of pharmaceutical company PSP and network of clinics New Hospitals. 

Together with his brother Cesar Chocheli, the new owner of Sakartvelo also owns Interplast LLC.  The given company united with Lilo J-SC.  Iago Chocheli also owns Larmax LLC.  Mixor is a producer of construction materials (concrete, sand-gravel, nails).  Interplast produces metal-plastic windows and doors. 

Along with Sakartvelo TV-company other broadcasters previously having offshore-registered shareholders have also changed hands.  Obligation to publish the declaration of conformity for license-holding broadcasters has appeared after April 2011 amendments to the Law on Broadcasters.  The new amendments prohibit companies registered in an offshore zone to directly, or indirectly own a broadcaster.  Broadcasters are also obliged to post information about their owners on their websites.  Rustavi 2 and Imedi TV broadcasting company has already posted the declaration also. 

Sakartvelo TV has not posted the declaration at its website due to a very simple reason – the website does not operate.  Sakartvelo TV was founded in 2007 and made a contract with the Defense Ministry of Georgia.  According to the contract major part of the broadcaster content was dedicated to military and historic materials ordered by the Defense Ministry.  News program was closed in 2010 and the TV-company broadcasts only movies at the moment.  Tamar Stefanishvili is the Director of the broadcaster. 

Evrika TV started operation in 1998.  The channel was mainly dedicated to entertainment programs, including Studio Maestro project – reality show Amtanebi (Survivors).  In 2007 Evrika TV changed under control of Georgian Patriarchy.  Patriarchy TV Ertsulovneba currently uses its broadcasting license.  

Competitions

Archive

Jobs

Archive

Trainings

Archive

This project is suplied by

Website Security Test