IREX Announces Vacancy for Training Manager
Position: Training Manager (1 position)
Term: 4 years, Full Time
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing leadership and innovative programs to improve the quality of education, strengthen independent media, and foster pluralistic civil society development.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $60 million and a staff of 500 professionals worldwide. IREX and its partner IREX Europe deliver cross-cutting programs and consulting expertise in more than 100 countries.
Summary of Program
Georgian Media Enhance Democracy, Informed Citizenry and Accountability Program (G-MEDIA) is to improve the public's access to a range of sources of news and information by developing a more politically balanced, editorially independent, professional and viable media sector that reaches audiences across Georgia through diverse delivery channels. The program will seek to raise the quality and diversity of media content and broaden delivery channels; improve professionalism, including through university journalism education; depoliticize the regulatory environment and strengthen journalists' capacity to address infringements to their rights and breaches of professional ethics; and improve the viability of media outlets.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks Training Manager, who will be responsible for planning and oversight of all aspects of training and consulting events and other similar activities. The Training Manager is a Tbilisi-based full time position with travel to Georgia's regions as needed and reports to the Chief of Party.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Develop calendar of training and consulting events and other similar activities;
- Communicate with international and local trainers and consultants and assist them in planning training and consulting events and other similar activities;
- Plan internal travel and accommodation of international consultants in coordination with Administrative Manager;
- Select appropriate facilities/venues for training and consulting events and other similar activities and prepare them according to specific needs and requirements (ensure relevant space lay-out, resolve technical issues in coordination with IT Manager, etc);
- Conduct small scale research on local conditions to assist international and local trainers and consultants in adjusting their training and consulting plans to local needs;
- Assist international and local trainers and consultants in preparation of training materials and handouts;
- Ensure quality and timely translation of training materials and handouts;
- Ensure delivery of training materials to recipients of training and consulting in electronic form and/or in a hard copy;
- Ensure live streaming of training events when needed in coordination with IT Manager;
- Handle every logistic aspect of training or consulting event including but not limited to development of training announcements, publicizing training and consulting opportunities, selection of participants and recipients on a competitive basis, and arranging travel and accommodation for participants.
- Coordinate communication between training and consulting providers and recipients and monitor recipient progress;
- Collect and evaluate training and consulting reports;
- Develop and regularly update media contacts database;
- Develop and regularly update expert's database;
- Develop and regularly update database of vendors, which can provide accommodation, food services, transportation services, translation/interpretation services and other technical services pertinent to implementation training and consulting events and other similar activities;
- Input data on training participants and other recipients of training and consulting activities in internal tracking system;
- File and retrieve information about training and consulting events and other similar activities;
- Develop handbook for international and local trainers containing useful tips and basic travel and safety advice;
- Maintain pool of free lance interpreters and translators;
- Project cost of each training and consulting event and agree it with Grants & Finance Manager
- Administer evaluation reports to participants of training and consulting activities, collect and analyze them;
- File and retrieve completed participant evaluation forms;
- In coordination with IT Manager ensure logistic and technological support for e-learning components of the Program;
- Provide data and narrative for inclusion in monthly progress reports to USAID;
- Prepare training certificates.
- Masters degree, preferably from a Western university;
- Excellent knowledge of Georgian and English, both spoken and written;
- Computer literate;
- At least five (5) years experience in a similar capacity;
- Familiarity with the Georgian media sector will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of management and administration;
- Ability to efficiently plan, schedule, direct, supervise and review performance;
- Pro-active with strong problem‐solving skills;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks under tight deadlines and in a busy environment;
- Team player, with strong communication and people skills.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to IREX/Georgia at firstname.lastname@example.org no later then Tuesday, 6:00 pm, November 2, 2010. Please indicate name of vacancy in a subject line.